- Schooling at Patna, Bihar
- MBBS at Patna Medical College
- Post Graduation in Ophthalmology at Joseph Eye Hospital, Trichy.
- Medical Director of
- The EYE FOUNDATION at Coimbatore, Tirupur, Ooty & Mettupalayam
- Is a trustee of NETHRA JYOTHI TRUST, a registered chraritable trust through which all the Eye camps and other charitable activities are directed.
- Has been trained at premier eye centers around the world in Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Australia, Hongkong and Singapore.
- Has been a guest speaker and invited faculty at various State, National and International level meetings and seminars.
- Has a number of scientific presentations to her credit and won the Dr. C.P. Gupta best paper award at the TNOA annual conference in the year 1999.
- Recipient of the Shiva Prasad Hardia award for Refractive Surgery at AIOC 2009 @ Jaipur
- Has contributed to different text books in Refractive surgery.
Area of specialization in Ophthalmology
- Phacocmulsification or Sutureless outpatient cataract surgery
- One of the Pioneers in India in LASIK REFRACTIVE CORRECTION having performed more than 35,000 procedures.
- Heads the Glaucoma clinic at “The Eye Foundation”.
- Married to Dr. Ramamurthy who is also an ophthalmologist. Has one son and daughter.